Privacy & Cookies
Big Brown Box Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Big Brown Box Ltd., a trading name of Ferrari Packaging Ltd., of 26 Peel Park Place, East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire, G74 5LW.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site [www.bigbrownbox.co.uk] (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If [Big Brown Box Ltd] or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Big Brown Box Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of [£10] to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The specific cookies we use on our site
These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics. Software, this software helps us take and analyse visitor information such as browser usage, new visitor numbers, response to marketing activity and shopping times. That information helps us to improve the website and your visitor experience, and to make our marketing campaigns relevant.
The data stored by these cookies can be seen only by the relevant teams at Big Brown Box and Google and never shows any confidential information.
If you take the opportunity to 'share' bigbrownbox.co.uk content with friends through social networks – such as Facebook and Twitter - you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
How to disable them
If cookies aren't enabled on your computer, it will mean that your visitor experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching;
To enable cookies
If you're not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button
- Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet options' , then click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Then select the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security', check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
- Click 'Save'
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
- Click on 'Explorer' at the top of your browser window and select 'Preferences' options
- Scroll down until you see 'Cookies' under Receiving Files
- Select the 'Never Ask' option
Safari on OSX
- Click on 'Safari' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
- Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
- Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Scroll down until you see cookies under 'Privacy & Security'
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
- Click on 'Menu' at the top of your browser window and select 'Settings'
- Then select 'Preferences', select the 'Advanced' tab
- Then select 'Accept cookies' option
All other browsers
Please consult your documentation or online help files.
When you visit bigbrownbox.co.uk you may notice some cookies that are not related to Big Brown Box. When you visit a page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Further information about cookies
If you'd like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org (opens in a new window - please note that we can't be responsible for the content of external websites).